9/10/11

Beautiful

As a girl I know we have are fair share of insecurity’s - our bodies, hair, legs! Every girl does; models, celebrities, your mom, your co-worker, YOU. We all have a mind set of what beautiful is - you have to be skinny, have flawless skin, long legs, and just overall be perfect.

I know we look in our magazines and gossip columns, we look at the cute fashion trends and the beautiful women on the front cover, and think “Why can't I look like her?”You know the funny thing is, those "people" on the covers have been photo-shopped to look like the perfect version of society's "beautiful" - and they do!

But then we get the thought in our head "oh I don't look like her, I'm not pretty" "shes skinnier then me, I need to lose weighted" "she is tall, I wish I had her height". The list can go on and on.
Lately I've been feeling really insecure - I know I'm not what society calls beautiful. I will never be able to change that. Even if I got plastic surgery, lyposucktion, botox, whatever - I could look exactly like the girls we see on the cover of the magazines, but you know what, I wont be any happier.
 I think that's what we are really searching for when we try to look pretty. We look for something we aren't ashamed of, something that will make us happy with ourselves, and our bodies.

But you know what I found? The only thing that will make us look and feel beautiful, is the man who made us, and the man who approved every single hair on your body, and that person is Jesus Christ. He believes you are drop died gorgeous. He believes you are so amazing, you were to die for!
You don't need anybody or anything to make you feel beautiful, you need Jesus. The man who never judges, and the man who loves you unconditionally

Because guess what girls, there could NEVER be a more beautiful you... 
 

Dedicated to the three most beautiful people I know, Danielle, Mandie, and Jacqueline (: 

1 comment:

  1. This is sweet! You tell em girl! But seriously, ladies should realizing looking like society wants them to look won't give them the confidence or the happiness they need. Like you said, Jesus is the one and only true joy-giver. And only His opinion matters, not society's :)

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete