7/30/12

Loss of a Friend

This is the second friend in four months. I never really expected anyone in our class to die, but if someone where to die I never would have thought it would have been Kate. Kate was the type of person that truly enjoyed life. I mean people say that about people, but she did - never took a second for granted. She was always happy, and smiling even when she was in so much pain. She didn't care what others thought, she wore what she liked, did her make-up the way she wanted, talked to everyone. Kate was the lite in Liberty.

I remember back in seventh grade when she was in the hospital and they didn't know if she would make it so our class decided to write her letters to make her feel better. In mine I wrote about the Jonas Brothers because that was her favorite band. This song was one of her favorites, and it happened to be one of mine too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3cZ3WZb7RE

In English class this year I remember always looking at her and thinking how inspiring she was - you literally couldn't take the smile off of her. Kate and I were friends, but not close. Although she was very close with some of my best friends.

Kate was born with a heart condition, that's how she died. With Tyler's death we had time to pray, we had time to think about the possibility of him not surviving. But with Kate's it was literally out of the blue. No one expected it. I think a lot of this had to do with the fact that Kate was always so positive, she didn't want any of us to worry. Tyler's death made me think about heaven and God, and the possibility of maybe there wasn't a God. I had a lot of doubts after it. But with Kate's death there's this peace inside me I can't even begin to explain.

Yesterday, when I found out, I was driving in the car and I looked in the sky and inside this comfort rushed my soul. It was as though Kate was up there telling me she was okay and in a better place. I am really sad about this. I'm confused about my feelings. But I'll stand CONFIDENTLY on God's truths. I believe with all my heart that God is good, and faithful. I know that Kate is in heaven right now. I know it. God took her out of a lot of pain. She is in heaven right now feeling none of it. She is dancing and running and hugging my Jesus. She is having so much fun right now, way more than she could have on earth. God has a reason and a plan.

This death has been really hard on my friends, and her family so I ask that you keep us in your prayers. Although this is hard on us, I know Kate wouldn't want us being sad and doing things we'd regret. She's having the time of her life up there, i know that. Instead of being sad she'd want us to be happy through our pain, just like she did throughout her life.



This is for you Kate, to one of the most happy people I've ever met, R.I.P. 
August 9, 1995 - July 29, 2012

1 comment:

  1. I love what you wrote. It is honest, thoughtful and full of faith. I really appreciate your candor--that you are willing to be honest with your feelings and confusion, but still fully rely on the God you know. Thanks for sharing.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete