6/25/11

A lesson to remember

Back in 7th grade, near the end of the year my teacher Mrs. Ritter taught a lesson on diaries . The creepy thing was the night before i started a diary. We were talking about diary because of some book we where reading I don't really remember. She asked us, "why do you think people keep diarys". We did the simple anwser "so they'll remember". But she then started to explain to us why she thinks people have diary. "They write in their diary, not only to remember what's happening in their lives, but to express how there feeling. We often start writing in journals when we're going through a tough time". She then urged us to keep a journal.

The funny thing is, that's when everything in my life was crumbling. That's when everything started. I was keeping that journal, because I was going through a hard time. I was writing so I could remember, in the pit of my stomach i knew I needed to write about what was happening in my life.

Through the years I've continued to write.  I wrote about Haley getting abused, and the endless fights with my parents, and my best friend reporting me to guidance. But, I only wrote a couple entry's in the darkest days.

I found this journal a month ago.

Pain. That's how I was feeling. Pain. That's what I was reading.

I was a girl feeling pain, not knowing how to express it. I was a little girl lost. Facing issues a 12 year old girl never should have faced.

It's hard to remember that time in my life. But at the same time, im glad I wrote in the journal. I'm coming to accept my past. Even though it's painful.

Now, I find writing is my escape now. It's a way to express my feelings. To get my thoughts straight.

So, if your going through a tough time now, write down how your feeling. Express what's inside. If it's disappointment, or shame. Just write. It helps(:

No comments:

Post a Comment