5/23/11

I'm blessed.

I'm so blessed. I have a family that loves me, friends who'd die for me, and a God that is for me. But some people arnt as lucky as me. On Saturday I did a mission trip to Bowie, Maryland. The house we went to was a home to over 11 people, two adults and the rest children. The mission leader told us we were in the "final" stages of this house. But I looked around and thought, "final stages are you kidding this house is falling apart! ". This family went 2 years without electricity or water. The children had to sleep on the floor, near a gas stove for heat. I heard about this on Oprah, but this was the first time seeing it. The house used to be filled with rodents. The yard was filled with glass and weeds, the walls had water damage, the only furniture was a couch, stove, and a mattress. But even in this horrible situation there love for each other shined. Since this trip I have gained a wider perspective of what is really happening in this world. God has opened my eyes, and I will continue to help people like this for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment