5/25/11

Take off the mask!

The mask. This is the thing us teenagers wear to hid how we're really feeling. We all do it, even adults. This is are shield, are "protection". When someone asks us if where okay well say things like, everythings okay, I'm fine, I'm good. When really where screaming inside "Im not okay!! ". I do this all the time! Maybe it's cause we don't like talking about what's happening. Or maybe it's cause we don't know, or want to express are feelings. That was definitely the problem I had. When I was cutting i used my arm as a way to express the emotions inside me, I couldn't express. What if someone asked me, are you reallllly okay, would I have said yes or would I had told them the problems I was having? I hope I would have told them. Maybe if I had told someone how I was feeling, I wouldn't have had to used my arm as the escape. Another thing I find us teens doing is putting the "smile" on. When were hurting inside we mask it with that smile. Maybe if I smile no one will see I'm hurting. Maybe if I smile ill feel better. Maybe if I hide how I feel those feelings will go away. But the truth is, we need to take off this mask and tell someone how we feel. Lately i've been doing this, believe me YOU WILL FEEL BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment