7/26/11

Fearing

In the past, my first response to anything, was to run. I'd run away from my troubles- hid in my own little world, and wish everything in the world would go away. The “What Ifs” started to take over my life. What if she killed herself? What if I have an anxiety attack? What if I cut again? What if, What if, What if. The What if's where causing fear!

I'm so scared of fear itself, it's been causing me anxiety, lately. I'd get scared of having anxiety, which in turn, caused the anxiety, which than turned into an anxiety attack, which got me scared of when I would have my next attack. It was like a death cycle. Lately, I've been back in this cycle. It's been killing me.

In the bible it says:

God has not given us the spirit of fear. But he has given us a spirit of power and love and self-control.”
2 Timothy 1:7

I know God isn't giving me my anxiety attacks, he didn't give me the spirit of fear! But, in this verse he gives me an answer to my problems. He say's, “he has given us a spirit of power and love and self-control.” That's the answer to our fears. Power. Love. Self-control. I've been working on self-control- I'm amazed at how much you CAN control in your body! You'll be surprised, and God gave us that gift! Another way God has given me a way to control my anxiety's and fears- is through prayer.

Do not be anxious about anything. Instead in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and minds in Jesus Christ.”
Philippians 4:6-7

Face your fears. God is stronger than anyone or anything or any situation you're in!

No comments:

Post a Comment