7/15/11

When God answers Prayers

“Ask and it will be given to you” Matthew 7:7

Every prayer we think, or speak God answers! Right after He hears are thought He answers- Yes, No, or wait. He only answers yes, when it's according to His plan. He only answers no, if it's not according to his plan. And He only answers wait, if you're not ready! Every decision God makes is always the best decision that could have been made!

God answers in different ways though. Sometime you get a feeling in the pitt of your stomach. Or maybe someone does something, and it was just the thing you needed to hear. God also answers by talking to you. That has definitely been the hardest for me to understand. Sometimes I just can't hear him clearly.

Recently I have been praying for a friend. Everytime I asked, God would always answer “wait”. Now I'm like every human being and I just wanted to scream “Why can't you do it now!”. Waiting can be hard, what can I say?(:

Yesterday He answered the prayer. My friend has been having a really hard time at work. Can you tell by my blog posts? Haha! I would just ask God to simply talk through me, so she could hear the best answer for the situation she was in. In the back of my mind I would always think “How could God want her to be at this job, if she isn't happy?” So I took MY thought as the answer to the problem- thinking she could quit. But, in reality I didn't know what GOD wanted. Although I did pray asking he would let us see what he wanted her to do.

But, yesterday she had lunch with the “Big” boss of her company. The thing is he was only there for 2 days. There was no way this “big” boss would have time for her, right? She was in the lobby of a hotel and he come's up to her and asks her to lunch! Right there, that's just crazy. This big ol' chain boss wants to have lunch with a little ol' sales person? At the lunch he spoke to her, he spoke of every insecurity she had about her job- even though he had no idea she was even facing problems with her job.

Don't take that as coincidence, that was GOD! How would this big boss have time for a salesperson? How would would this stranger talk about her struggles- worry for worry- without that being GOD?

He answered our prayers there.
Now we know God's wants.
Hes' answer.
Hes' answer is to STAY, not quit.

The answer to stay shouldn't be something we second guess. No, that's the answer. That's the best decision you can make. Because our God is the best decision maker I know!

Listen to him always. Pray often. He always listens. He always answers.

“Be still and know I am God” Psalms 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment