7/13/11

I hate my job

This blog post is going to be a little bit different, then the others'. I don't even know if you would consider it a blog post- haha! What I am going to do, is write it in 2nd person- as if I'm someone else. Then I'm going to finish in 1st person. I'm doing this to hopefully get my point across better, instead of me just ranting about the topic.


I'm lost. I'm miserable. I'm torn. On one hand I have a good job. It pays good. I stay at home- which is really convenient! Another thing I like is that, my husband works for the same company as me, which I love! It gives us something to talk about. If I'm not happy with someone, I can talk to him about it. I love him so much. But, would he be angry if I told him I don't like my job- that I want to quit?

But, I'm torn. I HATE my job. It make's me stressed about silly little things. I'm constantly checking my phone for emails- even when I'm not working. And when I'm not working or checking my emails, I'm worrying about the tasks I have to finish by the end of the week. So stressful. The worst part is- I work in sales. So if I don't meet the goal for the month I get in trouble. I just hate disappointing people. I feel like if I don't meet the criteria, then I'm not good enough for the job. I feel like when I don't meet the sales, my co-workers look down on me. I don't like disappointing them. I find, when I feel like I have disappointed someone- I feel like I have disappointed myself- let myself down. Should I feel that way? Maybe I should just quit so someone else can have it- and do a better job. People would die for the job I have, so why do I feel this way?

I don’t know if I should stay though. I'm not happy. I want to be happy, but is there really a job out there that will make me happy? I don't think so. What if I can't find another job? The economy is bad- I should just be grateful for the one I have- right? Is this really what God's “plans” for me are? This job, right now?


This is how many adults are feeling now- especially in this economy! I'm here to try to answer some of these questions, asked in the above situation. I'll try to go step by step(:

1. On one hand I have a good job. It pays good.

What do you mean by “good job”, cause if your definition of “good job” is money- than it is a “good job” . But if your definition of “good job” is something you love doing, and wake up looking forward to the day- than that isn't a good job(if you're not enjoying it).

“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality.” Colossians 3:23-25


2. Would he be angry if I told him I don't like my job- that I want to quit?

If your husband loves you, he would support you through the process. Easy as that. Nothing to worry about.

3. I feel like when I don't meet the sales, my co-workers look down on me. I don't like disappointing them. I find, when I feel like I have disappointed someone- I feel like I have disappointed myself.

You shouldn't be feeling disappointed about letting others down. Because at the end of the day what they think doesn't matter. What matter's is what you think about yourself. Don't put expectations on yourself and on people- that only leads to disappointment!

“The ONLY person that will ALWAYS be there for you is YOU"


4. People would die for the job I have, so why do I feel this way?

You feel that way, cause you're not happy...

5. I want to be happy, but is there really a job out there that will make me happy?

Of course there is! Make a list of all the things you're good at, and see what job could incorporate all the things you like doing. God made a job for you- that he wants you to do. Now all you have to do is find it!

“So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his work, for that is his lot. Who can bring him to see what will be after him? Ecclesiastes 3:22”


6. What if I can't find another job? The economy is bad- I should just be grateful for the one I have- right?

Yes, you should be grateful. But, first try to get your priority’s straight. Is money more important than happiness? I hope not. But don’t get me wrong, we do need a job, we do need money. But, we don't need so much money- you'll be surprised how little people can live on. Honestly, you're going to find another job sometime or an other. Can you really see yourself living your whole life and not getting another job opportunity- if you quit the one you have now?

7. Is this really what God's “plans” for me are? This job, right now?

I don't know what God's plans are- I'm not God(: Talk to him about it, but here's a bible verse.

“Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man, knowing that whatever good anyone does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free. Masters, do the same to them, and stop your threatening, knowing that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him.” Ephesians 6:5-9



And to the friend I wrote this for- this is it. This is last post I'm writing about your job. It's up to you now. I care about you and only want the best for you- that's why I'm pushing so hard. But, that's it. Hope I helped and didn't harm. I know I don't know what you're going through, I just know what I see when I talk to you. Love you friend.

2 comments:

  1. That friend is lucky to have you speak truth in her life. Hope she can do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That friend does(: more than she could even imagine!

    ReplyDelete