7/14/11

Happiness

I wrote this blog a thousand times. I still don't like it. I wrote this version weeks ago, I don't know why I've waited so long to post it. But, here it is!

Do you have a choose to be happy? Well, that's a tricky question- but, I think we DO. Let me explain. We CAN'T control what happens in our life. But, we CAN control how we deal with it. You can choose to look at a situation differently- trying to learn from it. God tells us he NEVER gives us more than we can handle. That's reassuring cause God is the only one who knows how far we can be pushed. He knows what too far is. So, with that said you can choose to be happy.


My friend asked me this question a month ago,


“How can I be happy, when every time I go home I get abused and raped?”


My friend has had a lot of other things happen to her in her life. She's attempted suicide to many times to count, she cuts regularly, drinks on weekends, and smokes maryJ. You know why she does all this? Cause she feels like LIFE ISN'T WORTH LIVING. She feels like God turned her back on her. She feels abandoned. She feels UNLOVED! I wish I could have told her, that God never turned his back. But, at the time I didn't know a lot about God than.


But, even in all of this madness- she has a choose to be happy. Although many things in her life have gone wrong- she doesn't need to be miserable. She can look at the situation and say okay- she will move out of the house at 18. She can report her brother and parents, and get help. She can go to therapy and get help for the cutting, drinking, and drugs. But, when I offered to do this for her, she declined.


I think she likes being miserable- she knows no other life. She doesn't want anything to change- because she's scared. She's scared of something outside of what she doesn't know. She doesn't no what "being happy" is. She doesn't know what LOVE is. She doesn't know Jesus. But, in the end she DOES have a choose to be happy.


The last friend I'm going to tell you about, was the friend that gave me the idea to cut.


At the time, she had been molested, her mom was going through cancer...again. We meet at youth group, she gave me the idea when she started talking about her burning herself. Soon everyone in our small group was doing it. Long story short my friend, Hannah told her mom, and me and her got reported. She stopped after that.


Now 2 years later, she quit drinking, quit drugs, quit cutting. Her mom now has brain cancer, and they don't think she'll make it. But, I'm proud of her because she's stayed strong and hasn’t cut through this. She is choosing to be happy. She choose not to let the things in her life define her- and make her unhappy. You also have a choose to be HAPPY!


Maybe yours are less sever- maybe your jobs making you unhappy, or your weight, or whatever. You can change what you're doing to make you happy. Go out and look for a new job. Try to start eating right and exercising. God doesn’t want us to be miserable. God doesn’t want us to live in our sin. God wants us to be happy- because he LOVES us.


“God so LOVED the world he gave his only begotten son that whoever believith in him shall not parish but have eternal life” (John 3:16)

“But because of his great LOVE for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved” (Ephesians 2:4-5).

No comments:

Post a Comment