7/4/11

Healing

This topic; Healing, was the topic Creation Fest focused on. This topic; Healing, was the topic I've been focusing on in my life. This topic; Healing, was the topic God was focusing on for my life. So, it was very appropriate that Creation preached on this topic.

As many of you know, I finally confessed my sins, not only to myself but to people. Well, two people, my mom and my pastor. But, before Creation my own mom didn't know about this sin.

I went into Creation focusing on the music. I wanted to see Jamie Grace, and Tenth Avenue North, I didn't go into it thinking I would grow spiritually. Man was i wrong! I grew so much it got to a point where i didn't even care about the music and the artists.

Back to the topic. The first night, i couldn't sleep. I was freezing my butt off! At 4 in the morning i took out my phone and read the bible. It was open to john, so i read john 1. I finally feel asleep. (i know that's random, but its important)

On the 2nd night of creation i was laying in bed half asleep, having a nice talk with my mom. It was nice cause we never have those conversations anymore. Then out of the blue she tells me she found my blog. I flipped out. Her intentions where good, but i couldn't see that then. I poured my heart out on this blog. Some of the things she read on here she never knew. But, it may have been my fault cause i don't like to express my feelings in words, in speaking. I'd rather me type them. I didn't like her knowing all my business cause unlike you guys reading this, i don't have to see you, EVER! My mom on the other hand i have to see everyday!

I went to bed, scared. Scared that i may get in trouble. Scared not knowing the future. The next day the speaker gave an amazing sermon called "I'm amazing". He explain how each of us are amazing, no matter what happened in are life. He got a lot deeper than i could express on here, but i can tell you there was not one dry eye. I was in the mosh pit area, while my mom was in her sit. Once he finished, he told us to "Take it to the cross". Then encouraged us to go to the cross, where there would be people to pray with us. I didn't budge, but everything inside me was yelling at me to go to the cross. Next thing i know my mom is behind me hugging me and telling me she loves me. I walked away, and went to the cross. I didn't know what to do, i looked around and people where crying, hurdled up together praying. There was a table with pens and paper. I knelled down in front of the cross and wrote down my sin. I folded it and held it to my heart. I walked down and sat in front of the cross holding back my tears. What was i doing here? I didn't know. Then a very attractive guy comes up to me and held me, looked me in the eyes and asked my name. He then started to pray. I cried, he held me so hard. After we where done praying he looked at me and said "Your beautiful, don't ever forget that. I'm here for you if you want to talk". He continued to hold me still i stopped crying. I told him thanks, and he left. Next thing i know i see my mom coming to sit next to me. I looked at the cross, knowing if i where to ever tell her of my sin it would have to be now. I looked at the paper i had folded. I gave it to her, she gave me her's. She cried, and told me i have to forgive myself that i couldn't hold on to that guilt anymore. More people came up to pray. One lady was holding me to my left, my mom was holding me to my right. As we prayed the hands on my back started to increase, at the end of the prayer over 4 strangers came to me and prayed. We stayed at the cross for a while, i prayed with so many other people. All of us here (over 100) we where broken. We where looking for forgiveness Jesus has already given us.

The third day comes, i was excited for Tenth Avenue North and Francesca. There music has gotten me through a lot. Again the sermons where amazing, but if i told you everything amazing this blog would be longer than it already is getting. Anyway, fast forward to tenth avenue Norths signing. I talked to Mike, I told him how his song "Healing Begins" was the reason why i choose to confess my sins. He smiled and told me "isn't it freeing". He then told me to read John 1 and memorize it. Everyday of creation i heard John 1, John 1, John 1. (: God i got you. John 1.

That which was from the beginning, that which we have heard, that which we have seen with our eyes, that which we beheld, and our hands handled, concerning the Word of life 1:2(and the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare unto you the life, the eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us); 1:3that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you also, that ye also may have fellowship with us: yea, and our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ: 1:4and these things we write, that our joy may be made full. 1:5And this is the message which we have heard from him and announce unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1:6If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 1:7but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1:8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1:9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1:10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
John 1


Finally the last day comes. This is totally off topic, but i got to meet Jamie Grace. She was backstage and i waved her down. She came out, she already knew who i was which was cool. We talked about Lindsay(: She's so nice! Check her out.

The last sermon comes on. He talked about how his dad bought him for 200$ and his dad repeatedly told him he wish he never had. The preacher then explained, that he got into cocaine, alcohol, pot, everything! But, than he found Christ. He told us that our chooses don't define who we are! We than told us to bow our heads. He said to repeat after him if you believe in god and you want to go to heaven. I did repeat the prayer. Than he said if you prayed that i want you to raise your hand, don't listen to the devil when he tells you not to. I raised my hand. He said now stand up, and remember dont listen to the devil. I stood. I looked and saw thousands and thousands standing. He than said if your standing to head over to the prayer tent and be prayed with. I really didn't want to! But, as he said that thousands obeyed. If they could, I can. As i got there, a lady came up to me and handed me a packet. In the packet was a portion of the bible. can you guess what portion.....JOHN 1!!! She prayed with me and 5 other teen girls, who also stood.

This weekend was so amazing. I missed so many details! Its okay i may write some more post about the lessons i learned. But, I urge you to confess your sins. You cant live with the burdens of your sins. You can hid them from your friends and family, but not yourself. You don't realize this weight till you release it, and put your sin on the cross!

2 Corinthians 5:17-21
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation.
The old has passed away; behold, the new has come…
...For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin,
so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

1 comment:

  1. This post is so beautiful. Thaml you for sharing it. I pray that God continue to move in your life with His power and love as he already has :) <3 God bless!

    ReplyDelete